VLC is no doubt one of the best media player with minimal and easy to use user interface. Because of its simple to use interface and compatibility to almost all of the media files, it is used by millions of users on almost all of the devices like Android, iOS, Windows, etc. Now, you can install it easily on your firestick to stream the online URL’s and playing the stored media files.
Whether you want to stream online media links, play local media files or want to use it with other apps, VLC can do all of the stuff pretty efficiently on your firestick. Among the must-have firestick apps, VLC has also got a place among the top apps list.
Features of VLC
These are the top features which are worth mentioning to get an idea about the VLC media player.
- Free to use, Open source media player.
- Stream online media links.
- Play locally stored media files.
- Compatible with third-party applications.
- Fast, sleek and simple to use user interface.
How To Install VLC on firestick
As the VLC is available on the official Amazon app store, so you don’t have to bother about the installation process. Here are the steps which you can use to get VLC on your firestick.
- Select the search option from the Home screen of your firestick.
- Type VLC and hit enter.
- Select the topmost result from the list.
- Click Get, and it will start downloading.
- Wait for the completion, after that it will be automatically installed on your firestick.
- That’s all, now you can open and use the VLC on your firestick.
You can install the VLC media player on all gen version of your firestick, fireTV, and firecube. After successfully installing it, you will get multiple options like to stream media files with URL, play MP3, Video, etc. So explore it and see if it is worth giving a place among your firestick App library.