We all love getting maximum out of everything. If you are using firestick and didn’t unlock it to its full potential then there is definitely something which you are missing. There are so many things which you access through your firestick after installing Kodi or using other third-party apps after jailbreaking firestick.
In this guide, I am going to show multiple ways through which you can install the Kodi on Firestick. After that, I have prepared a list of best Kodi add-ons of 2019 which you can check out to get a headstart with Kodi.
What Is Kodi?
Kodi formerly was known as XBMC, is a perfect and leading home media entertainment application which can be used on almost all of the Media devices. Whether it is Windows, Amazon, Firestick, Mac, Android, Linux, Raspberry PI or any other media devices. It has a perfect and easy to use user interface and has a huge addon collection. In fact, the addons counts are so big that it even surpasses the amazon app store collection. It has a wide range and unique add-ons for everybody.
If you want to give the modern media experience a look then you should install Kodi on firestick and see by yourself how amazing it is.
Although there are quite a good number of official add-ons, there are third-party add-ons as well which should be used carefully.
How To Install Kodi On Firestick?
There are two main ways through which you can install the Kodi on firestick. Both ways include the sideloading way. Also, there are few prerequisite steps also which should be followed carefully. If you know what is sideloading method you can take a look at this guide on sideloading. You can use two main sideloading apps Downloader and ES Explorer to get Kodi on Firestick.
I have demonstrated both ways through which you can install Kodi on Firestick, you can go with any one of them.
Prerequisite for installing Kodi on Firestick
These are few things which you have to set up before jumping straight to the main process.
- Enable app from unknown sources installation.
- Install the sideloading app (Downloader or ES Explorer) from the Amazon app store.
- Install Mouse Toggle On Firestick (Optional)
Installing Kodi On Firestick With Downloader
So the first way for installing Kodi on Firestick is by downloader app. It is the popular sideloading app which you can get from the official Amazon app store. To check the brief steps, go with the above-mentioned guide.
- Start Firestick/FireTV and navigate to Settings > Devices > Developer Options. (To Grant Permission For Third Party Apps)
- Check if the Unknown source app installation is Enabled. If it doesn’t then make it enable.
- Now go back to the home screen and select the search icon.
- In the search bar, enter “Downloader” and press ok.
- Choose the first option with maximum reviews and stars. And select download and install.
- Wait for a while until the installation process finished.
- After that, Open the Downloader.
- Inside the URL input field, enter the desired URL: https://kodi.tv/download (There choose the version and download.)
- Or you can also enter the short URL: https://bit.ly/2DFCvHE
- And press enter.
- Kodi will start downloading on the firestick. Wait until the completion.
- After downloading Kodi, select install and confirm the process.
- Voila, you can open the Kodi app on your FireStick!
With this method, you can easily get the Kodi on firestick, firetv, and fire cube. Refer the below guide if you want to install the Kodi on firestick with ES explorer.
Install Kodi on Fire TV Stick and Fire TV with ES Explorer
The second way through which you can install the Kodi on any of the fire devices is by using the ES Explorer file manager. With it, you have to first download the Kodi and later you can install it by going inside the directory with ES explorer.
- Turn on Apps from Unknown Sources within Fire Stick / TV Settings
- Install ES File Explorer through Amazon App Store & open it.
- Now Enter the Kodi download URL any one of these. (Full: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/kodi-18.0-Leia-armeabi-v7a.apk || Short URL: https://bit.ly/2DFCvHE)
- Wait till the download finished. Then choose the install option from there.
- That’s all, you will get the installation successfully message after a few seconds.
- Now, after successfully installing Kodi on firestick, open it from the Home screen or App section.