Amazon Prime has a rich content repository with some of the most popular and sought-after TV shows and movies on their platform. However, until recently, it was not possible to watch Amazon Prime on Chromecast. Amazon did not provide its customer’s integration with Chromecast as they wanted people to buy Firestick for streaming purposes. This rivalry between these tech giants resulted in a loss for their customers. However, things have changed between Amazon and Google and the recent update for Amazon Prime video now features Chromecast integration. This opens up a lot of potential opportunities for you to watch Amazon Prime on Chromecast.
For watching Amazon Prime on Chromecast, you will need to ensure some prerequisites. You should have the latest version of Google Chrome browser installed or a Chromebook device. It is also preferable to have an active Amazon Prime subscription to provide you access to more and quality content. Your Chromecast device should be plugged into your TV and should be connected to your home network.
Watching Amazon Prime on Chromecast Through Computer
You should complete the following steps for watching Amazon Prime on Chromecast:
- You should log into your Amazon Prime account by using Google Chrome browser.
- You should then select the content which you want to stream through Chromecast on your TV and launch it in the Chrome browser.
- Once the video starts playing, you should click on the three dots located on the top right corner of the browser and select the “cast” option.
- After completing the above step, you will be directed to a window which displays the devices connected on your home network which are compatible for casting multimedia content on the Chrome browser.
- The casting process will be completed and you will be able to cast Amazon Prime content from your computer to the TV screen.
Casting Through Smartphone
The following steps should be completed for watching Amazon Prime on Chromecast through your smartphone:
- You should ensure that the Amazon Prime app is updated on your smartphone.
- You will find a cast icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the cast icon and then select the Chromecast device which you want to connect to.
- Once the above step is completed, you can select the content which you want to cast on your TV screen.
- You will now be able to watch Amazon Prime on Chromecast by using your smartphone.
Wrapping It Up
Amazon Prime is getting traction recently with the addition of some of the popular content from all genres, although there isn’t any straightforward way to get Amazon Prime on Chromecast and the best simple way which can be used to set up a dua with both of them is by casting them with the above-mentioned steps. With the above method, you will be able to use Amazon Prime on Chromecast quickly. If you are one of them who always starving for better ways of doing something and your zeal has found a better way than this, do let us know by dropping your views inside the comment section.