LocalCast or LocalCast Apk for Chromecast is a casting app which allows you to cast multimedia content on your phone to other devices like TV, Chromecast, Firestick, etc. This app is particularly helpful if you want to enjoy multimedia content on your phone on a larger TV screen. LocalCast app is available for free on both Android and iOS platforms. You can consider in app purchase for removing advertisements and get access to more premium features. One of the best features of LocalCast app is that it allows casting from network-attached storage and directly from the internet too.
The app is also very versatile and is compatible with a large number of devices like Chromecast, Firestick, Apple TV, Xbox360, any DLNA devices, etc.
Installing LocalCast App
LocalCast app is available on the Google Play Store. The installation process is provided below:
- You need to open the Google Play Store.
- Search for LocalCast app and select install.
- The installation will automatically start. You should wait for the installation process to get completed.
- Once the LocalCast app has been installed on your device, you can open and start using it.
How to Cast Videos Using LocalCast
Before you start using LocalCast, you should note that both the devices should be connected to the same wi-fi network for the app to work properly. Once you have connected both the devices to the same wi-fi network, you need to do the following to start casting videos:
- Open the LocalCast app on your device.
- You need to tap on the “cast” icon which is located on the right corner.
- You should tap on the change icon after this.
- You will get a list of different streaming devices from which you need to select your device.
- The app will start searching for your streaming device and once selected, the name of your streaming device will appear on the screen.
- You should click on the device name, which will establish a connection.
- Once your device is connected, the selected multimedia content will automatically cast on your streaming device.
LocalCast is an ideal app for you if your Android device does not have an inbuilt casting feature. The app has a user-friendly and intuitive interface which is very easy to work with. It supports various devices which makes it very versatile. It also enables you to stream from your device’s internal storage, directly from the web, or cloud storage too which further enhances its utility.