Updating Kodi is necessary to keep the streaming and interface lively. With this guide, you are going to learn how to update Kodi on Firestick. In the guide, there are two step by step methods through which you can get the update of Kodi on firestick.
As for keeping a fresh user experience and removing the bugs and other glitches from Kodi, it is necessary to keep it updated for seamless streaming. After Jarvis and Krypton now we have a much improved Kodi 18 which is named “Leia”. It has improved performance but there is no official bullet list of changes.
If you want to keep your Kodi updated and fresh, this guide will help you to update your Kodi. You can do it by any of the three ways which are mentioned below.
How To Update Kodi On FireStick?
Although there are multiple ways through which you can update Kodi. Below are the two easiest ways to accomplish this. Choose the one which makes you comfortable and suits you on your FireStick.
Update Kodi On FireStick Through Kodi Itself
- Open up your Firestick.
- Navigate to Apps> Kodi.
- Select Add-Ons.
- Now, Choose Package installer option from the top left corner.
- On the next screen, Select Install from repository.
- After that, Select Kodi Add-Ons repository.
- Now, Open Program Add-Ons.
- Scroll and look out for Kodi Android Installer.
- Install it by Selecting the install button.
- Navigate to Kodi Add-Ons> Program Add-Ons.
- Open Kodi Android Installer.
- Choose releases.
- Now, Open Arm Kodi Release folder.
- Select Kodi latest version Kodi 18’s APK File
- Install Kodi Leia file which is downloading on your device.
Update Kodi Through Your Android Phone
- First, Connect your smart tv with Wi-Fi network.
- Open Firestick.
- Navigate to Settins> Network> Get IP Address.
- Now, Open Play Store on Android Phone.
- Then, Install Kodi on your phone.
- And, Install Apps2Fire App from the Play Store.
- After That, Go to Setup> Enter Firestick IP Address.
- Now, Tap on Connect.
- Go to Local Apps.
- Find Kodi and install it on your Firestick.
Note: For this method make sure your Android phone and firestick are connected with the same WIFI network.
The new update for Kodi is pretty nice and you can see it by yourself the improved performance when you update your Kodi on Firestick. These were the easiest two ways through which you can easily update the Kodi on Firestick. If you encounter some errors while following the above guide, just drop your error inside the below comments and we will revert back quickly with the fix.
Also, make sure you always use a good VPN service while streaming through the Kodi.
Have safe and seamless streaming!!!