Gone were the days when game lovers used to watch the recorded videos of their favorite games. As the latest trend shifted to create your own streaming spree and gather the crowd to watch your moves. If you are the one looking for how to stream your games, then here it is not only from PC you can also stream through your android phone. Twitch streamers play all the most popular games — Fortnite and PUBG being among the most popular.
While Twitch has been mostly used by PC or console gamers, you do have the option to stream from your Android phone — and with games making there way to mobile also, there’s really no reason not to start streaming from your phone, especially if you’re using a flagship released in the last few years.
Here’s how you can get started.
The amount of gamers shifting and uploading their content at the pace, So much so that YouTube has a version concerning game lovers, devoted to gaming channels and streamers — YouTube Gaming.
So, if you also want to join the spree from your phone, the YouTube Gaming app is your best bet. Everything you need to get started is built right into the app — all you need are games to play and an uninterrupted WiFi connection.
How to stream from android using the YouTube Gaming app:
- First, download & install the youtube gaming app.
- Following Youtube Gaming home screen, tap the Broadcast button.
- Now just select the quality from — 720p HD or 480p SD — also select if you want to Stream live, or Record the gameplay.
- You’ll get a few reminders that once you start streaming, you are live to the public and any on your screen including notifications, calls and passwords will be visible to your viewers.
- Next, select the game the game you want to stream.
- Now, Name your stream anything you want to be called or love in short, title and a description so that your subscribers and potential viewers will know what you’re playing.
- Obviously, you can send the streaming link on social media also.
It will also let you show your face, which you can drag on the screen to any position suitable for you and viewers.
Once you start streaming, for further streamer controls. Simply tap the bubble to expand the streaming menu, which will give you stats on text chat, viewership, and other settings.
That’s all you just enjoy the game and have fun to show out your skills & your killer moves in front of the audience.
Streaming Through Twitch:
Still, to stream some Android gaming, you’ll need the help of some streaming software. The most popular, open source streaming software is Open Broadcaster Software (OBS).
What you’ll need: a computer running OBS, your Android phone in USB Debugging mode, and a wired connection from your phone to your computer.
To stream on Twitch using OBS, just connect your phone using USB debugging to screen recording application for creating a video source from OBS.
Steps to share the phone screen, you’ll need to unlock the Developer options on your phone.
- Go to Settings > About Phone.
- Tap the build number 10 times or until it says you’ve unlocked the developer options.
- Enter Developer Options and turn on USB Debugging.
Next, you’ll need to find a reliable app for running your phone screen on a window on your computer. One option is Vysor, which is free to download and test.
Once you’ve got OBS set up to your Twitch account, your phone is connected and streaming to your computer, You are good to go with the setup.
Hence, these are your two best options. Obviously, YouTube Gaming makes it way more comfortable to stream, but you can’t underestimate the Twitch and OBS setup as it gives you way more control over your stream in exchange for being a bit more cumbersome to initially set up.