Vudu is an app which enables you to play your favorite movies and TV shown on your Apple TV. Vudu app for Apple TV is a great combination due to their compatibility. Vudu support’s Apple TV’s voice functions through Siri remote. You can also make use of voice commands to control the playback. You can rewind or fast forward the multimedia content by simply issuing English based voice commands. Vudu app allows you to play more than 4,000 movies on your Apple TV. However, the app is only compatible with Apple TV’s 4th generation with tvOS 10. Another unique advantage of using the Vudu app is that it is the only app which provides you access to the ultraviolet digital locker on the Apple TV.
Installing Vudu on Apple TV
You need to follow the below-mentioned steps for completing the installation of the Vudu app on the Apple TV:
- You need to start the process by launching the App Store on your Apple TV.
- You will be taken to the “featured” page. You need to swipe right on the top menu and choose “search”. If the top menu is not visible to you, swipe down through the remote to view it. Alternatively, you can also search for the app by giving voice commands through Siri.
- You should choose the Vudu app from the different search results generated.
- Select the “get” button to start the downloading process.
- You should wait for the app to get downloaded and installed.
- Once the app is installed, you should click on the “open” tab to launch it.
Signing into Vudu on Apple TV
You should remember that merely installing the Vudu app is not sufficient for you to watch multimedia content. You need to sign into the Vudu app on your Apple TV. You should note that you need to have an existing account with Vudu for singing in. You cannot create a new app on the Apple TV after installing it. Hence, you should create a Vudu account before you install it on your Apple TV. The process for signing into the Vudu app is provided below:
- Launch the Vudu app and go to the “settings” menu provided on the top.
- You will need to select the account settings by default.
- You can sign into the Vudu app either by using your Walmart account or Vudu account. Sign in to the Vudu app using your login credentials. Your account across all the devices will be automatically synced.
After installing Vudu on Apple tv 4k, you can check the below steps which will give you a headstart.
How to rent and buy movies on Vudu to watch on Apple tv
The one thing about using a Vudu on Apple tv is that Vudu restricts yourself to buy or rent its movies or any media content directly through the Apple tv. The reason is clear as Apple takes a hefty amount for any purchase which goes through its in-app purchases that is why Vudu decided not to directly allow any transaction from via Apple. The best is that this won’t be able to restrict yourself from buying or renting movies for your Apple tv.
Once you sign in with the Vudu app and get your account ready. You can use any of the other platforms to buy and rent and then you can use it directly use it on the Apple TV through Vudu. Sounds good? Yes, it does as just a few minutes of work saves you from paying extra bucks.
Vudu with Apple TV becomes a perfect match to get extra stuff and make your home media experience even better. I hope the above guide will be helpful to give you a good start with Vudu on your Apple TV. One thing which you should do while streaming through the Vudu is to use a VPN service for even a better and unrestricted streaming experience.